Dr. Douglas Sweeney and Dr. Nathan Finn joined Dr. Chris Chun for a panel discussion on Jonathan Edwards, recorded live at the SBC Annual Meeting in Anaheim, June 13, 2022. They discuss a wide range of subjects, including Edwards’ influence on Baptists in England and America, the legacy of Edwards in the Southern Baptist Convention and the impact Edwards still has in today’s world.
Watch the panel discussion below and follow us on YouTube for more videos like this.
Douglas Sweeney is dean and professor of divinity at Beeson Divinity School.
Nathan Finn is provost, dean and professor of Christian studies and history at North Greenville University.
Chris Chun is professor of church history and director of the Jonathan Edwards Center at Gateway Seminary.
- A Model of Faith and Thought: Jonathan Edwards and the Ministry of the Word by Douglas A. Sweeney
- A Reader’s Guide to the Major Writings of Jonathan Edwards edited by Nathan Finn & Jeremy Kimble
- Regeneration, Revival, & Creation edited by Chris Chun and Kyle C. Strobel
- A Sweet Flame: Piety in the Letters of Jonathan Edwards edited by Michael Haykin
- Jonathan Edwards: The Holy Spirit in Revival by Michael Haykin
- Communion in the Spirit: The Holy Spirit as the Bond of Union in the Theology of Jonathan Edwards by Robert W. Caldwell
More on Jonathan Edwards
Chris Chun and Chris Woznicki discuss the signs of true revival, signs of the work of the Holy Spirit, and why it is important to critically assess the characteristics of revival in a spirit of charity.
Dr. Chris Chun hosted a digital symposium with Dr. Michael Haykin and Dr. Robert Caldwell to discuss Edwards’ spirituality, devotional life and theological impact in American Christianity.
In the recent Jonathan Edwards Center Lunch and Lecture event, Dr. Winslow explores themes from her recently published books: “A Great and Remarkable Analogy: Jonathan Edwards’ Onto-Typology of Nature” and “A Trinitarian Theology of Nature”.